How to Play the Gong & Gong Yoga Nidra Certification with Tara Matthews & Mehtab Benton
Soul Body Ojai
August 30th-Sept 2nd, 2019
HOW TO PLAY THE GONG: With Tara Matthews & Mehtab Benton
Friday, August 30th-
September 1st 8:30am to 4:30pm
This is a complete course in How to Play the Gong, from the beginning level to intermediate playing techniques. No prior musical or gong experience is required, and the course is suitable for beginners. In this certified training course, you will learn:
Techniques for single and combination mallet strikes
The effects of playing different areas and percussion points of the gong
How to create a full experience of sound with rhythm, volume, and playing patterns
How to build playing sequences to create a gong session
How to select and take care of your gong
The role of intuition and meditation in gong playing
The use of the gong in yoga and healing.
Upon completion of this course, you receive a certification of completion that demonstrates you have the necessary skills to play the gong in yoga classes and healing practices.
This course is a prerequisite to Mehtab’s other gong trainings, Gong Therapy & Gong Yoga Teacher Training.
GONG YOGA NIDRA TRAINING: With Mehtab Benton
August 30th-September 2nd
Learn how to use the sound of the Gong therapeutically through deep relaxation to facilitate transformation and healing in both groups and individuals.
Mehtab Benton, the originator of Gong Yoga and author of Gong Therapy, brings a unique perspective to using the gong in deep relaxation by introducing new gong playing techniques and patterns with the ancient practices of Yoga Nidra (yogic sleep).
In this certified training course with Mehtab, you will:
• Discover how to use the sound of the gong to sustain an extended period of relaxation
• Learn playing techniques and patterns that activate the parasympathetic nervous system
• Understand how to create effective guided visualizations and meditation scripts for Gong Nidra sessions to address specific health issues and conditions
• Know the important preparation techniques essential for a profoundly deep gong relaxation
• Learn how to work with the physical, energetic, and emotional body through the use of the gong
• Discover how to guide in the formulation of a “sankulpa” or healing intention for the session
• Learn how the holistic practice of Gong Nidra brings an active and self-directed healing process to deep relaxation
Mehtab will incorporate text from his forthcoming book, Gong Nidra: Healing through Relaxation and Sound, throughout this course.